Injury Law Firm in Phoenix – 3 Reasons to Find One before an Accident
Should you hire an injury law firm in Phoenix before an accident? There are many people and businesses you don’t think about until you need them. You may not put much thought into a plumber until the pipes are clogged, and you might not think about your car insurance company until you need to file a claim. And when the insurance company fails you, you might start thinking about a lawyer.
However, before an accident, you should be thinking about which injury law firm you can turn to if you are ever involved in a crash. An experienced injury law firm in Phoenix can provide legal counsel so that you can obtain the compensation you deserve after an accident.
What is an Injury Law Firm?
A personal injury lawyer will provide legal services for those who have been physically or psychologically injured as a result of the negligence of another person, company or entity. Most commonly, this involves filing a claim against the individual or entity that caused the crash. An experienced injury law firm can also help you fight your insurer if they are low-balling your claim or denying it. Your personal injury law firm can thoroughly investigate your claim, including:
- Gathering witness statements
- Obtaining police and medical records
- Utilizing expert witnesses
- Reviewing records, such as the driver’s history or phone records
- …and much more
Most importantly, the firm can work as a liaison between you and an insurance company so that you can do what’s most important: recover from your injuries and the trauma of the accident.
Why Should You Have One in Mind Before an Accident?
When you’re hurt, you’re not in a position to do research and interview lawyers. You may pick the one that you see on TV or a billboard and end up with a service provider that isn’t as good as you need them to be. If you’re in an accident, you don’t want to choose the law firm with great marketing skills and large advertising budget. You want a law firm that’s more invested in their clients’ best interests than the latest marketing campaign.
It’s also important to begin working on a legal claim as soon as possible. You want to have someone in mind that can begin working on your case, even if you’re still recovering from your injuries.
Don’t wait until you absolutely need a lawyer to find one. Do your research ahead of time and speak with attorneys ahead of time so that you can make an informed decision on your own terms.
Qualities of a Good Injury Law Firm
Beyond asking friends and family for referrals, there are a few qualities to look for in an injury law firm in Phoenix.
- Familiarity with Arizona Law – feel free to ask the injury law firm about the legal counsel’s educational background as well as their licensing. Are they licensed to practice law in the state? Are there any other states they can practice in or have practiced in? These are all questions to consider asking.
- Experience – while reaching out to the firm, find out how many years of experience do they have and whether they have handled cases similar to yours in the past. Consider attorneys with decades of legal experience rather than those fresh out of law school.
- Good Reputation – nothing speaks louder than client testimonials and reviews. Visit the law firm’s Facebook, Yelp!, and Google reviews to see what others are saying about their work.
- Passionate About Justice – the injury law firm should be passionate about justice and their clients. When a firm is concerned about your wellbeing and ensuring you get the justice you deserve, it will show in their work and how they treat you. For passionate injury law firms, it’s about much more than making money – it’s about holding individuals responsible for their actions and the pain and suffering they have caused.
If you have questions about our injury law firm, we’re ready to answer them. Please give us a call or contact us.