When Should You Hire a Dog Bite Firm?
When Should You Hire a Dog Bite Firm? That depends. Man’s best friend, four-legged friends, furry friends – pet names are numerous and so are the bites that come with them. While many dogs are indeed man’s best friend, a quick second can lead to a bite that causes lifelong damage.
According to the Arizona Department of Health Services, which tracks human deaths from animal encounters, dogs were linked to the most deaths between 2006 and 2016. Hundreds of dogs have actually led to deaths in the state; plenty more incidents led to hospitalizations. The most recent statistics from 2014 reveal that dogs led to more than 34,000 emergency room visits and 2,300 hospitalizations between 2008 and 2012.
How Can a Dog Bite Law Firm Help?
If you or a loved one has been bitten by a dog, you may need a dog bite law firm. With the help of an experienced dog bite attorney, you can fight for the compensation you need to recover from your injuries.
When you hire a dog bite law firm, you will have an experienced team working on your claim. The team can investigate your claim, talk to eyewitnesses, obtain a police report (if one was filed), and get your medical records to prove how your injuries have caused harm.
Arizona dog bite laws state the owner of the dog is typically responsible for the bite, but liability may also be placed on any person who was responsible for the dog at the time of the incident, for example, a dog sitter. The owner is responsible if the dog bite victim was on public or private property.
Additionally, the owner will be held responsible even if the dog is roaming, for example, got out of the owner’s yard. Last, Arizona does not have a one bite rule which means that a dog owner is held responsible even if it’s the first time the dog bit someone. The only time a dog owner may not be held responsible is if the victim provoked the dog in any way.
When Should You Hire a Dog Bite Law Firm?
You should always seek counsel whenever you or a loved one is injured. The dog doesn’t have to break the skin to cause injury. If the dog is dangerous to the community, it’s best to have professionals involved so the dog doesn’t cause harm or even death to others.
Even if it’s the first time the dog bit someone or if it’s a dog you know, a dog bite law firm can help. The firm can serve as a liaison between you and the insurance company you are filing a claim against. You have already been a victim of a negligent dog owner; don’t let the insurance company make a victim of you as well.
Find the Best Dog Bite Law Firm
After you have been bitten by a dog, the first thing on your mind is getting medical attention. The second thing should be finding a dog bite law firm you can trust. Here are a few tips for finding the right law firm.
- Knows the Arizona law and city ordinances. An experienced dog bite law firm will thoroughly understand not only the state laws but also city ordinances on breed-specific bans.
- Check out reviews. Networks like Facebook, Yelp! and Google can provide a glimpse into how former clients felt about the services provided by the dog bite law firm.
- Find a firm that listens to you. You’ll know from your first meeting if the firm is ready to work for you and focus on your case.
- Find a dog bite law firm that cares about you. Not only should the team listen to you, but they should also care about you. They should be willing to thoroughly invest in your case – from depositions to hiring experts.
- Communicates well. Does your law firm answer your calls and emails? Are they ready to explain everything to you? Your team should be able to guide you every step of the way and explain the next steps in the legal process in terms you understand.
- Find a team that’s passionate about the law. The right personal injury phoenix law firm should be passionate about righting wrongs and pursuing justice on behalf of their clients.
Be safe around animals and keep your animals away from harm too. But, if you have been injured by a dog and need a dog bite law firm, contact us for a free consultation.