Injury Attorney – Your Guide to Finding the Best in Arizona
Few experiences are more physically and emotionally taxing than being involved in an accident resulting in injury. Once the initial shock begins to wane, and the gravity of the situation sinks in, it’s time to take that critical first step: finding an attorney. In theory, finding an injury attorney in Arizona should be easy, right? After all, we’re inundated with commercials, ads, and billboards sponsored by injury attorneys, all of whom promise to secure the greatest possible settlement in the shortest possible time at virtually no cost to their clients. Sure, finding an injury attorney is effortless, but finding the best injury attorney in Arizona to represent you and protect your rights requires thorough research, due diligence, and careful vetting.
What is an Injury Attorney?
To find an injury attorney best suited and qualified to meet your unique needs, it’s first necessary to understand what an injury attorney is and what their essential job functions entail. An injury attorney provides representation in a host of different cases including, but not limited to car, motorcycle, pedestrian, bicycle accidents, as well as dog attacks and other injury accidents that may occur at home, at work, or in a public venue.
Injury attorneys work hard to prepare and prosecute claims to ensure that their clients are appropriately compensated for medical expenses, pain, and suffering incurred as a result of an injury accident. Injury attorneys are legal specialists who manage a multitude of time-sensitive and crucial components of a case.
What Does and Injury Attorney Do?
Adhering to strict codes of legal and ethical conduct, injury, attorneys first work to gather and compile critical pieces of information about the accident, including statements provided by witnesses, police reports, and other evidence deemed necessary to evaluate the case and determine where the fault lies. Additionally, they will collect and review medical records, bills, and any other documents relating to employment, health care, and the injury in general. Also, the injury attorney will reach out to the insurance companies involved to discuss and negotiate a suitable settlement.
Should a settlement not be reached or agreed upon, the attorney will then file a lawsuit and prepare for legal proceedings, which can involve deposing experts, witnesses, and other individuals relevant to the case. Client participation in the proceedings will be led and guided by the attorney. Once initial proceedings have concluded, a trial date will be issued contingent upon how backlogged the appointed court is at that time.
How to Find the Best Injury Attorney in Arizona
Finding the best injury attorney to represent you is paramount. However, the endeavor may feel like finding a needle in a haystack if you don’t employ the right strategy. Before diving into the abyss of online searches, seek out these tried and true measures of quality assurance first:
- Personal References – nothing verifies credibility more than a personal reference. Talking with someone who can speak firsthand about their experience and success working with an attorney is worth its weight in gold.
- Social Media Reviews – Google reviews, and Facebook reviews are also excellent resources to consult when vetting injury attorneys. Social media reviews are unbiased, unsolicited, and unedited accounts of client experiences.
- Yelp – This well-known site is not just reserved for restaurant reviews. It’s also a repository of injury attorney ratings provided by clients. A careful review of Yelp reviews will provide relevant and recent insight from clients who offer details about their case outcomes and what it was like working with their attorney.
- Testimonials –the availability of client testimonials is always reassuring. A testimonial serves as a form of authentication. It highlight’s an injury attorney’s skill set, communication style, and success rate as recounted by someone who worked closely with said attorney. A compilation of testimonials also offers an accurate snapshot of with what type of cases and clients the attorney has familiarity and experience.
- Experience and Care – Simply put, talk is cheap. Commercials and self-indulgent ads boasting an attorney’s level of expertise are meaningless without documented experience and a successful track record. A credible injury attorney should be able to furnish a robust mix of documentation and case outcomes that validate the attorney’s level of experience. Additionally, a dependable and trustworthy injury attorney will be readily available to answer client questions, provide pointed guidance, and maintain open and honest lines of communications throughout the duration of the case.
With over 20 years of experience serving a diverse mix of clients in the Phoenix area, the Law Offices of Sonja Duckstein takes great pride in meeting all criteria for finding the best injury attorney in Arizona.
If you’ve been injured in an accident and need an injury attorney, give us a chance to serve you. Contact us today to discuss your case and receive immediate guidance.